Monday 3 December 2012

Cookbook Stock Decisions



I had doen the illustrations and lay out for the cookbook covers but 
I hadn't given any consideration yet to the stock that it would be printed on.
I first printed out a black and white image and wrapped it around a book to get 
an idea of size and dimensions. The text was to large and too close to the edges 
of the front of the book when I first printed it so I went back to re-sized the
text on the front and also decreased the size of the barcode and logo on the
reverse.
I tried the covers on white stock, a cream and grey card and off white sugar paper,
I also tried the text in black and different shades of grey.
The black text was too harsh on most of the stocks so I went with grey, dark enough that it could be clearly read over the images.
The images also worked best on the off white sugar paper, the colours of the
illustrations complimented best with the stock and it was also the right weight 
for a dust jacket and folded easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment